Power Monitoring Services
Power Quality is a measure of how well a system supports the reliable operation of its loads. A power disturbance or event can involve voltage, current, or frequency. These disturbances can be caused by improper power systems design, faulty consumer loads, or the utility provider.
PM Technologies can monitor any of the various power quality conditions to establish the corrective action needed for your facility. Without the power monitoring systems problems are often diagnosed incorrectly which could lead to expensive solutions that don't effectively correct the underlying problem.
The Costs of Poor Power Quality Can be Significant!
- Poor quality of power causes not only physical damage to equipment, but also results in downtime, which, in turn, lowers productivity and a substantial increase in energy costs.
- Lost production: Each time production is interrupted, your business loses profit on product that is not manufactured and sold.
- Damaged equipment: Interruptions can damage a partially complete product, causing the material to be re-run or scrapped.
- Energy cost: Electric utilities may charge penalties on poor power factor or high peak demands.
- False utility issues: The inherent design of the Emergency Power System is to protect against utility power interruptions. Power quality issues can cause voltage fluctuations, creating wasted fuel costs and unnecessary run time on the Emergency Power System.